Things that have been killing me lately:
1) Their version of a weed wacker is just a saw blade on the end the rod, like the circle kind. This is a murder weapon, as there is no protection at all from the spinning blade.
2) At the clubs, hip hop is referred to “black music”. That is how the clubs advertise it “Black music stating at 11:00!”
3) I can buy 4000mL bottles of whiskey for like 25 dollars. It’s the same brand I drink anyway, so for a small upfront cost, I can keep the cellar stocked for a very long time.
4) Old people are like 4’5” and have the posture of Quasimodo.
5) It is illegal to talk on the cell phone while driving. That’s fine, but many people will just pull over IMMEDIATELY upon receiving a phone call, blocking off an entire line and screwing over everyone behind them. Somehow this is better/safer
6) I was asking a security guard for directions to somewhere. He was sitting in his booth. He had a calender with topless white women in it just hanging in there. I laughed at his mastery. This is far more acceptable in Japanese culture, so it wans’t like he was doing anything wrong by any real standard that the society puts forward. It’s nothing more than something that some people like to look at, it is only Western Culture that would frown on it.
7) In Japanese education, a red circle indicates correctness while a check mark is indicative of error.